Below is a sampling of current and past OMI projects:
- Provided access to an OSU subsonic wind tunnel for drag measurements on golf club heads to optimize club designs.
- Provided access to tensile testing equipment and fixtures to test new products.
- Provided a welding engineering faculty expert to a manufacturer to consult on best practices for welding operations.
- Proposed new exterior design for current product to improve aesthetics and drive market demand for product.
- Created material specification for new material to ensure quality standards are met.
Manufacturing / Operations
- Evaluated and recommended best welding operation for beverage container manufacturing process to meet manufacturing output targets and reduce cost.
- Performed computational fluid flow and heat transfer analysis of manufacturing operation to improve efficiency and reduce heat loss.
- Provided faculty expert to perform part failure analysis and recommend new manufacturing operation(s) for failure avoidance.