Why Join LIFT OMIC?
● Directly access talented students
● Work with faculty mentors that offer project expertise in advanced manufacturing areas
● Choose training modules for students to quickly gain industry-specific skills such as Lean Six Sigma
LIFT OMIC Co-Located Internship Project Parameters
- Are ideally future-driven New Program/Product/Process introduction (NPI) in advanced or lightweight manufacturing.
- Companies do not need to be headquartered in Ohio, but the internship must be in the State of Ohio, preferably in central Ohio.
- Give teams access to company resources. Students will spend at least 50% of co-located internship time at the company.
- Give teams relatively full access to the school’s facilities to use on industry-driven projects. Typically these will be focused in one facility (tool making, welding, design or a faculty member’s research group. Teams will also make every effort to use RAPIDS equipment purchased as part of the Central Ohio RAPIDS Consortium.
- Involve both a faculty and an industry mentor
- Proposed co-located internships will develop scope of work documents that address the following:
- What is the proposed research or feasibility project?
- What are key elements or stages of that project?
- How many student interns are required?
- What are the skill sets that interns will need?
- What is the anticipated duration of project (weeks, term, etc.)?
- How many hours is the student(s) is expected to work/week?
- What are the responsibilities of each party (industry mentor, faculty mentor, intern)?
For further questions and how to apply, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org! We look forward to hearing from you!