- Program Director of OMI, OMI
139A Fontana Labs
116 W. 19th
Columbus, OH 43210
Kathryn Kelley has more than 18 years' experience in program administration and strategic communications for industry-oriented higher education and statewide technology organizations. Her focus at OMI is on statewide promotion of advanced manufacturing technical support resources and removing barriers between academia and industry. Collaborations include working with state and national partners on effective advanced manufacturing education and career pathways.
- Working with ODSA and Ohio MEPs on a roadmapping pilot project to determine manufacturing needs and technical solutions by manufacturing processes
- Serving as principal investigator on the Defense Manufacturing Assistance Program to support companies and communities affected by defense spending cuts
- Helping to develop the human network for the Ohio Innovation Exchange with the Ohio Department of Higher Education on a research expertise portal project that will connect Ohio academic and technical institutions with industry partners
- Producing a "Manufacturing Tomorrow" podcast series on iTunes University to highlight innovative manufacturers and the partnerships that propel their efforts (www.mfgtomorrow.org)
- Collaborating with state and national partners on advanced manufacturing education pathways and engineering technologist manufacturing career programs
- Organizing industry-focused events such as the Central Ohio Manufacturing Resource Forum
She is dedicated to researching and issuing action-provoking reports on advanced manufacturing trends, workforce development and disruptive technologies.