- Executive Director, OMI
139A Fontana Labs
116 W. 19th
Columbus, OH 43210
Kathryn Kelley serves as executive director of OMI; she has more than 20 years' experience in program leadership and strategic communications at industry-oriented higher education, economic development and statewide technology organizations. She collaborates with state and national partners to develop regional and national public policy to support manufacturing innovation, advocate for small- and medium-sized manufacturing needs within the supply chains and remove barriers between academia and industry.
- Working with ODSA and Ohio MEPs on a roadmapping pilot project to determine manufacturing needs and technical solutions by manufacturing processes
- Serving as principal investigator on the Defense Manufacturing Assistance Program to support companies and communities affected by defense spending cuts
- Helping to develop the human network for the Ohio Innovation Exchange with the Ohio Department of Higher Education on a research expertise portal project that will connect Ohio academic and technical institutions with industry partners
- Producing a "Manufacturing Tomorrow" podcast series on iTunes University to highlight innovative manufacturers and the partnerships that propel their efforts (www.mfgtomorrow.org)
- Collaborating with state and national partners on advanced manufacturing education pathways and engineering technologist manufacturing career programs
- Organizing industry-focused events such as the Central Ohio Manufacturing Resource Forum
She is dedicated to researching and issuing action-provoking reports on advanced manufacturing trends, workforce development and disruptive technologies.